Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Proper serving size

America is so out of wack when it comes to serving sizes. You go to any fast food restaurant and they ask you "do you wanna super size this..? And more often than not, the response is yes. We stretch out our stomachs and feel like we need to feel absolutely stuffed after a meal, rather than satisfied. 5 years ago, this was something I really had to learn. I was one of those who was okay to sit and eat a super-sized meal from Jack-in-the-Box. Little did I know, that one meal had MORE calories than my body needed in a whole day. Thus, led to a lot of weight gain. Now, me and Geoff measure everything. I have a food scale to weigh my raw meat and I make sure half of my plate is veggies. It is something we have to train ourselves to do. We have to be conscience when it comes to our health. It's not easy, but then again nothing worthwhile is ever easy.

No comments: