Friday, November 6, 2009

Peach Cobbler (yes, even this can be healthy!)

I am a HUGE fan of splenda. It is made from sugar but without any calories! Some people say it is too expensive to bake with. My response? Can you really put a price on your health? It is worth it to bake with it! Here is a great, yummy peach cobbler that I have made many of times and nobody knew it was made with splenda!

  • 1/4 butter
  • 1 cup splenda
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder
  • ¾ cup of skim milk
  • 3 cups sliced fresh peaches, peeled or skins left on
  • ½ cup splenda brown sugar
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
preheat oven to 350. Melt the butter either over the oven or in the microwave. Add the butter to a 8 inch baking dish.Then mix the dry ingredients (except brown sugar splenda) and the milk. Pour batter in the dish. Arrange the peaches over the mixture and then sprinkle the splenda brown sugar over it. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Rather than having the popular ice-cream on it, you can serve it with light or fat-free cool whip! It's truly delicious!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Hey Cami! This blog is a great idea. Thanks for sharing. =) We just had a RS activity recently about healthy living and this girl in my ward told us about all this cool food we'd never heard of before. I thought I'd tell you about "Agave". It's taken from a plant mostly found in south america. It's a natural sweetener that is kinda the consistancy and stickiness of honey. I'm sure you know that sugar and honey spike your blood sugar and hurt your pancreas. duh. Well, this tastes amazing but doesn't spike your blood sugar at all. I guess it has a low glycemic index. I haven't tried it yet(she said they have it at the WINCO here, but her mom buys it in bulk online or something), but she said it works as a substitute for sugar in most things. The fact that it's liguid may change the consistancy sometimes(like she said no bake cookies don't harden, but who cares!), but that they use it for most things. You can even buy maple flavored kind and I tried it and it tastes just like regular syrup! ANYWAY, I noticed you had splenda in this recipe so I thought I'd share just in case you're interested. Sorry, I just talked way too much for a blog comment!

Tiffany said...

i use agave all the time. it does have calories though. but i'm not a fan of artificial sweetener... i'm more of a natural foods person. but agave tastes great and makes a great substitution in recipes. so does honey!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!