Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pizza Snack

I am a pizza girl. Always have been. Last time I ate a REAL pizza from like Pizza hut or Dominoes? Couldn't even tell ya. One day I was on one of my favorite websites CALORIEKING.COM and I saw how many calories are in just one slice of pizza and haven't really gone back since-- Not saying you have to do that, but I just can't knowing the calorie intake I would be putting into my body. To help curb my cravings I make up these little yummy snacks from time to time. It is super good and almost as good as Pappa Johns. Almost. (:

Ingredients

  • 2 whole wheat English muffins sliced
  • 1/4 cup marinara sauce
  • 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
  • sliced red onions
  • 4-5 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375F. Place English muffins on a baking sheet lines with aluminum foil. Top with marinara sauce, bell pepper, olives and basil. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted.

Nutrition information per pizza

Calories: 130; Total fat: 4.5g Saturated fat: 2g; Carbohydrate: 16g; Protein: 7g; Sodium: 390mg

2 comments:

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

great alternative. I'm a BIG pizza girl. big time.

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone,

I have been looking to figure out a place to start with the Acai free trial an was wanting to know if anyone had some thoughts on whether or not the stuff works for weight loss? So far here's the 1 [url=http://www.hot97svg.com/profiles/blogs/how-to-gain-acai-berry-free]article[/url] I have been able to come across that seemed realistic for what my goals are. Thoughts?