Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What Cami eats everyday

Here is a few sample menus of what I eat in a given day

Breakfast--- Day One: Egg whites, one slice of whole wheat toast, an orange
Day Two: Quaker's weight control oatmeal (has added protein & fiber & it's yummy!) and also a piece of fruit like half a banana or apple slices
Day Three: 1 cup light vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup of go-lean crunch, and strawberries all mixed together. Delicious!

Lunch------ Day One: Turkey & avacado sandwhich on whole wheat bread, 1/2 cup baby carrots, 1/2 cup red grapes
Day Two: Healthy Choice steamers (these are SO good & you can never tell it is
considered a "frozen meal")
Day Three: SUBWAY sandwhich (I always get a six inch turkey on honey oat and
load up the veggies and get NO cheese or mayo on it, just a little honey
mustard) with apple slices or occasionally baked chips.

Dinner------ Day One: 6 oz Grilled or baked chicken with some lemon pepper or italian seasoning, 2 cups of steamed veggies
Day Two: Can of low-calorie chicken & veggie soup, a piece of whole wheat toast
Day Three: 1 cup ofWhole wheat pasta, chicken & veggies in a low-cal white sauce


5 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

Thanks for posting this cami! Honestly, I eat very similarly. All of the things you have on your menu, I have in my kitchen cupboards and fridge as we speak. except for subway of course. I guess my real struggle is working out. Having the energy and time to do it. I can't imagine running 6-7 miles like you do and then weight trainig on top of it all. I'd be exhausted. Man I sound like a complainer. I'm not trying to, I just want to be better, and I am struggling to make it happen. Do you ever just feel hungry? I feel so hungry all the time, even after I've eaten. Do you do anything to curb hunger? Also how do you find the time, and energy to work out day after day? What do you do when you are just soar, or don't have time? Thanks!! Jess

Becca Jane said...

Hey, I just stumbled onto your blog, and I'm so excited about it!! I have recently made some HUGE changes in how I cook for my little family. I LOVE eating healthy, it just makes you feel so much better. I'm excited to check out some of your recipes you've posted! Thanks!!

Sister Rippstein said...

Where are some more yummies?? This blog is great - i've recommended it to a few others too :)

Shaun and Kelli said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Healthy Choice Steamers. Shaun actually take them to work and eats them for lunch! They are so good.

Also, a tip I heard about the Subway sandwiches (got it from Biggest Loser), have the server hollow out the inside of your sandwich bun so you get rid of a few more carbs and make room for even more veggies. It's a really neat trick!

Sarah said...

Okay, every time I look at someone's healthy day-to-day menu, it has odd ingredients and the ones I've actually heard of, I would never eat. These look so good and stuff I already have at home and already eat. I guess it's just portion control and skipping the stuff like cheese (good thing I already HATE mayo!)

And great idea about hollowing out the bread at Subway.

Thanks for all of the recipes and the upbeat positive attitude.